Dr. Alexander R. Gaudio was Connecticut’s first retina-trained subspecialist. He commenced a private consultative practice in Hartford in 1971, and was subsequently the founding member of a group of consulting ophthalmologists. In December, 2003, he left that group to join his son Paul in establishing Eye Disease Consultants, LLC.
Dr. Gaudio is an expert in degenerative retinal diseases, and was an active member of the electroretinography service at the Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary, Harvard Medical School. He has lectured extensively on vitreo-retinal diseases in the US, Europe and Asia.
- ASSISTANT CLINICAL PROFESSOR, Harvard Medical School, 1996 – present
- FELLOWSHIP, RETINA AND VITREOUS, Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary, Harvard Medical School 1971
- RESIDENCY , OPHTHALMOLOGY, Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary, Harvard Medical School 1967-1970
- U.S. ARMY MEDICAL CORPS 1964-1966
- INTERNSHIP, INTERNAL MEDICINE, Yale New Haven Hospital 1964
- MEDICAL SCHOOL, Yale Medical School, 1963
- UNDERGRADUATE, Yale University, 1959